Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Deviled Eggs... AGAIN!

I enjoyed the eggs from Easter Sunday so much that I used up the last of our eggs today to make another batch. I varied the recipe a tiny bit, because I only had 11 eggs and because I just like to mess with things!

Here's today's version:
12 large eggs (11 since I was 1 short)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1.5 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
1/2 shallot, minced
2 tablespoons SparkPlug (Homeward Bound Hot Sauce)
2 leaves fresh basil
4 or 5 leaves fresh oregano
very small sprig of fresh rosemary
Coarse salt and ground pepper
Paprika, for garnish

I followed the regular instructions for preparing the eggs, but then I left the yolks in a separate bowl and put the shallot, vinegar and fresh herbs into our mini-food-processor. Then added the mustard and mayo, mixed again and then added the yolks.

I added the hot sauce and salt & pepper last and then spatula'd it into a ziploc bag with a tip cut off to pipe into the egg white halves.

I probably used a little more hot sauce than it says above, just because I wanted to spice them up a bit more.

They are VERY good.

No comments: