Monday, March 12, 2012

Roasted Broccoli with Flax Seed

I had some broccoli crowns in the fridge and didn't want to waste them (I get bored with steamed broccoli, didn't want to do "with cheese") so I was going to make Alton Brown's Roasted Broccoli recipe. Then I discovered I'm out of bread crumbs/panko.

So I made it up as I went along.


Reese's Roasted Broccoli with Flax Seed and Garlic

  • 2 large broccoli crowns, cut into manageable "trees" (between 1"-3")
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 tbs ground flax seed
  • 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan (if you want to go Vegan, substitute Nutritional Yeast for the Parmesan and cut out the salt)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Combine everything but the broccoli in a mixing bowl, combine well. Add broccoli and smear olive oil mixture over broccoli while tossing (I used a big spatula) to coat.


Roast for 8-10 minutes.

1 comment:

Marisa's Mom said...

I'm going to try it! For dairy-free option, I'll try brewer's yeast flakes.