Friday, December 19, 2008

Cookies!

I decided to make some holiday noms.

Chocolate chip cookies are always good, but I decided to make them even better by throwing in some Heath toffee bits.

I used the recipe off the back of the Ghirardelli chocolate chips bag and adjusted the amount of chips to 1 1/2 cups, then added a cup of the toffee bits. I also substituted eggbeaters for one of the eggs.

I also just realized this morning that I accidentally doubled the amount of butter. For some reason I thought it said 1 lb. instead of 1 cup. Ooops! No wonder they are so crumbly!


Ghirardelli Chocolate Chip Cookies
(arr. M.E.L.C.)

2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
3 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg & 1 tbs eggbeaters
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup toffee bits






Preheat oven to 375.

Stir flour, baking soda & salt together, set aside.

Beat butter & sugars until creamy.

Add vanilla and eggs, a little bit at a time until incorporated.

Gradually blend dry mixture into wet mixture.

Stir in chocolate chips and toffee bits.



Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheet, bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges turn golden brown. Cookies will continue to cook once you take them out of the oven, so if you want chewy cookies, take them out while the centers still look a little bit un-done.

EAT.

Sadly, when I first was testing my creation, the glass of milk I poured was sour. I ended up having a cookies-and-water test run, but they were still excellent.

This morning they are breakfast.

No comments: