Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pumpkin Cheesecake


At one time I faithfully used a friend's Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe. I haven't been able to find that version for several years now, and generally end up adapting something I find online, instead.

This year when I discovered that I still couldn't find the old one, I thought "no problem, I'm sure I made notes from last year." WRONG.

I've learned my lesson (only took me 3 years) and am writing down what I'm making this year so I can repeat it!




Pumpkin Cheesecake

2 premade crusts (I used graham-cracker today, but it would be tasty with chocolate or ginger-snap, too!)

FILLING:

  • 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/8 tsp ground cloves
  • 1/16 tsp ground ginger
Assembly:

  • In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugars until smooth. 
  • Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. 
  • Whisk in pumpkin, cornstarch, vanilla and spices just until blended. 
  • Pour into crust. 
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes or until center is almost set. 
  • Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. 
  • Refrigerate overnight. 

No comments: