Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011 - The Eating


We both managed to burn ourselves right before dinner, I grabbed the stainless steel lid to a pot that had apparently been in the oven, then dropped it on the floor as soon as the message went from my hand to my brain. Scott then picked up the same lid from the floor and burned HIS hand.

Fortunately the burn didn't affect the delicious flavor of the food.


We are all in various states of recuperation. I admit that I am not helping put things away, I wouldn't be able to do much one-handed anyway.




Our dinner table, made by my brother-in-law and set by my sister-in-law.

The Williams Sonoma Pear Cranberry Chutney

Traditional Green Bean Casserole

Quadruple Bypass Mashed Potatoes

Grandma Virginia's Sweet Potatoes

Stuffing

Turkey

Mixed Greens Salad with Candied Walnuts, Pear and Herbed Goat Cheese


There is still Apple Pie and Pumpkin Cheesecake to come...

No comments: