Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cinnamon Roll Experiment: Part II



After the disappointing results of my previous attempts at cinnamon rolls, I decided I wanted more immediate gratification and bought a tube of Pillsbury's cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting.

I'm a pretty big sucker for any cream cheese food item, but ESPECIALLY cream cheese frosting.

I've never actually tried a Pillsbury tubed product before, and had quite a time trying to get the darn thing OPEN. I tried all of our can and bottle openers and finally took one of our very sharp Calphalon knives and sawed off the end, upon which the cream cheese frosting compartment shot across the counter.



The rolls are pre-sliced and cinnamoned. Lay them on a greased cookie sheet and pop in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.


They came out puffy and after spreading the frosting on and letting it melt, I tasted the results.

Overall Score (out of 10): 6 - better than the previous attempt, the consistency is actually a little soft for me, I think they need to be a little chewier. The frosting is pretty good.

No comments: