Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Things I want to try...

Have you heard of Pinterest? It's another fabulous time-suck, like Facebook (and blogging?)... but I rationalize my time spent there with the excuse that there are LOTS of great recipes and money-saving DIY projects.


There are many recipes that just look good, but many that I want to actually try in the near future, and a few NOT on Pinterest that I've been wanting to make for the last week and haven't gotten around to!




Cheesy Garlic Bread - from Pinterest, I'm not sure what the mayo does for it, but the picture sure looks tasty!


Cauliflower Steaks (the person that shared this recipe with me substituted capers for the olives, because her significant other detests olives... as does Scott)


Italian Lentil Soup - I've been meaning to make this for a long time.


Black Bean, Veggie & Brown Rice Salad w/ Spicy Lime Vinaigrette - sounds tasty (minus the bacon, for me)!


Quinoa Black Bean Salad w/ Lime Vinaigrette - probably similar flavors, but I've had some quinoa I need to make for several months.


Recipes for Lasagna Cups and Lasagna Soup both sound interesting...


Jalapeno & Cream Cheese Pinwheels - I've already made these, SEVERAL times, and they are easy and tasty. Not too healthy, but good. The first time out I used Splenda instead of sugar and halved the amount. The next two times I didn't sweeten it at all but we spread a little bit of jalapeno jelly on them before eating and THAT was fabulous.


Tomato Basil Mozzarella Salad sounds tasty, a twist on a Caprese kind of thing.


Martha has made some mistakes in her life, but her Stuffed Poblanos look DELICIOUS and pretty simple, too.


I'm going to make a version of this Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich for lunch before I get started making the soup...


AND... this recipe I chose based SOLELY on the picture. I love bread. I love cream cheese. How can you lose?




No comments: