Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Vegetarian Caesar Salad Dressing

I've been getting in to making salad dressings at home lately.

I like the taste of Caesar dressings, but do not like the flavor of anchovies. I googled "Vegetarian Caesar Dressing" and got this recipe.

I am not vegan, so I decided to use real Parmesan cheese. I also think it would be better with a little more garlic, and I would do things in a different order to ensure they blend well.

Here's my interpretation.

Reese's Vegetarian Caesar Dressing
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 cup water (or a little less if you like it creamy)
  • 2 tbs olive oil
  • 6 tbs lemon juice (a little over 1/3 cup)
  • 1/2 cup raw cashews
  • 1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 tsp kosher salt or to taste (I like it a little saltier)
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Place the garlic cloves in a food-processor or mini food-processor and pulse until diced fine.

Add water, oil and lemon juice, and pulse again until emulsified. Add cashews, cheese, salt and pepper, pulse or blend until well combined and creamy.

No comments: