Monday, February 20, 2012

Other People's Ideas

I've been trying new things as much as possible lately, trying to get healthy food into Scott isn't always easy to do without him getting bored.

Pinterest is great for ideas, and I have made several recipes that I found there recently.

The first one is a Creamy Avocado Pasta - it's basically an avocado-pesto but it's got a great complex flavor. It was easy and fast and is very tasty hot OR cold as leftovers! I didn't have a lime, so I skipped the zest part and used about 2 tbs of lime juice.  I served it with Barilla Plus Angel Hair pasta instead of whole wheat pasta.

The second is Roasted Broccoli by Alton Brown. This was faster than most vegetable roasting, only about 12 minutes of total oven time. Next time I will spread the panko out better and stir it part way through, the crumbs around the edges of the pile got a little too brown and the ones in the middle didn't really brown at all.

No comments: